All persons, whether lawyers, parties, witnesses, jurors, or spectators, conducting business, participating in trials, or otherwise attending proceedings in the courtroom shall be dressed appropriately so as to maintain the dignity, integrity, decorum, seriousness and professional atmosphere of the Court and the administration of justice. As minimum standards, the following rules apply:
- All attorneys shall wear professional and appropriate attire.
- No clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, or tobacco.
- No clothing that promotes violence or is lewd, offensive, vulgar, or contains obscene language.
- No hats or caps.
- No pants that are excessively long or sag below the top of the hip line.
- No shorts, short dresses or short skirts.
- No sunglasses.
- No tube-tops, halters, half shirts, muscle shirts, crop tops or any shirt that allows the navel or a bra to show.
- No underclothing shall be visible at any time.
- No jeans with holes
- No jeans embellished with spangles, beads, rhinestones etc.
If you are not properly dressed, you will be asked to leave court and a Failure to Appear warrant shall issue for your arrest.
No child under the age of 18 years will be allowed in the courtroom. This is not an appropriate setting for a child due to the types of cases that are handled by this court.