You must be respectful and quiet in the courtroom at all times. Always be polite when speaking. All persons shall refrain from any gesture and from conduct or behavior that manifests disrespect for the court, counsel, litigants, witnesses, court staff, law enforcement personnel, or other persons.
- Absolutely no cell phones. Should your cell phone ring after court begins, it will become property of the court.
- All persons shall rise when the Judge enters the courtroom and at such times as the bailiff may instruct.
- Family and friends are not permitted to have any verbal or physical contact with an inmate.
- No chewing gum.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the courtroom.
- No propping of feet on tables or chairs.
- No talking or unnecessary noise is permitted which interferes with court proceedings.
- No tape recorders, radios, computers, cameras, or other electronic devices shall be used in the courtroom unless the device is required for the court proceeding or unless the court gives prior approval.
- No tobacco use in any form.
All persons, whether lawyers, parties, witnesses, jurors, or spectators, conducting business, participating in trials, or otherwise attending proceedings in the courtroom shall be dressed appropriately so as to maintain the dignity, integrity, decorum, seriousness and professional atmosphere of the Court and the administration of justice. As minimum standards, the following rules apply:
- All attorneys shall wear professional and appropriate attire.
- No clothing that depicts alcohol, drugs, or tobacco.
- No clothing that promotes violence or is lewd, offensive, vulgar, or contains obscene language.
- No hats or caps.
- No pants that are excessively long or sag below the top of the hip line.
- No shorts, short dresses or short skirts.
- No sunglasses.
- No tube-tops, halters, half shirts, muscle shirts, crop tops or any shirt that allows the naval or a bra to show.
- No underclothing shall be visible at any time.
If you are not properly dressed, you will be asked to leave and return within 20 minutes with the appropriate attire. Failure to return promptly shall be considered a Failure to Appear and a warrant shall issue for your arrest.
Do not bring children to court. This is not an appropriate setting for a child due to the types of cases that are handled by this court.